Thursday, January 28, 2010

Old devices...

hello im out again in the streets of bacolod, and i was called by my relatives to do a job at their house;  check out this cnet 8-port switch!






this model is almost 3-5 years old and still working! well, so much for it, one thing for sure they had let me estimate and test a connection of more than 30 meters, the switch was not able to provide enough signal packets to its destination a church in their place wants to share their connection, good for a 1 mbps, well enough I suggested to them to buy a router to boost the signal and place the switch somewhere between the next 20 meters

here's another view;



the switch is situated up high in a dusty divider, together with the Modem and Splitter, 2 desktops and 1 netbook share the connection, one thing for sure, it was a labor of love, for a church, still have a good feeling I can help my brothers even though they are from a different denomination, well speaks... anyways congratulations to my relative's church for achieving internet connection! and almost.... =)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment